Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cheap jammer screws GPS

Which is cool, but now I want a program that will randomize my word use and punctuation/capitalization to avoid this type of crap. Which I'm pretty sure all started with some nerd who wanted to know which roles Shakespeare performed in his plays. The idea being that the density of word use in the plays he was writing (which we had the dates for) could be cross correlated with the individual characters in the plays being performed (which we had the dates for). Or more precisely, if Juliet really liked the word wherefor, then that word frequency was likely to increase in the play Shakespeare was writing if he was playing that character.
Somehow this had something to do with unmasking the anonymous author of Primary Colors but I can't find anything on the web about this. So maybe I or someone else dreamed it up, if you remember details let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment